Manila, the capital of the Philippines, is a bustling metropolis that combines ancient traditions with modernity. Its rich history, cultural diversity, and warm hospitality make it a fascinating city to explore. Let’s dive into the top 15 must-visit destinations in Manila.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Our blog posts may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we receive a modest commission at no extra cost to you. These commissions help us fund our team of travel writers, allowing us to continue providing you with the latest travel news, tips, and inspiration. Your support keeps this blog alive and thriving, and we appreciate it immensely. Thank you!
1. Rizal Park Known as the heart of Manila, Rizal Park is a historical urban park dedicated to José Rizal, the national hero of the Philippines. This spacious park is an excellent spot to relax and learn about the country’s history through various monuments and museums. Visit: Info here
2. Intramuros The “Walled City” of Intramuros is the oldest district in Manila, showcasing Spanish colonial architecture and cobbled streets. Don’t miss Fort Santiago, a fortress that offers insights into the city’s colonial history. Visit: Info here
3. Manila Cathedral This grand Roman Catholic cathedral, formally known as the Minor Basilica and Metropolitan Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, is a symbol of the city’s religious heritage. Visit: http://www.manilacathedral.com.ph/
4. San Agustin Church, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is the oldest stone church in the Philippines. Its Baroque architecture and richly decorated interiors are sure to impress. Visit: Info here
5. National Museum of the Philippines This museum complex features Filipino art, culture, and history, providing an immersive educational experience. Visit: Info here
6. Manila Ocean Park A marine-themed park and oceanarium that features a variety of sea creatures, exhibits, and interactive experiences. It’s a perfect place for family fun. Visit: https://www.manilaoceanpark.com/
7. Binondo (Chinatown) Binondo is the world’s oldest Chinatown, known for its bustling market, traditional shops, and delicious food. Visit: Info here
8. Malacañang Palace The official residence of the Philippine President, offering tours of its grand interiors and the Presidential Museum and Library. Visit: Info here
9. Paco Park A beautifully landscaped park that was once a municipal cemetery during the Spanish colonial period. It’s also a popular venue for weddings and concerts. Visit: Info here
10. Manila Baywalk A popular promenade offering breathtaking sunset views and a lively nightlife scene lined with restaurants and cafes.
11. Ayala Museum This private museum in Makati showcases Philippine culture, history, and art, including a stunning collection of gold artifacts. Visit: https://www.ayalamuseum.org/
12. SM Mall of Asia One of the largest shopping malls in the world, offering a variety of shopping, dining, and entertainment options. Visit: Info here
13. Art in Island A fun interactive art museum featuring 3D exhibits that visitors can touch and pose with.
14. Cultural Center of the Philippines A venue for performing arts, showcasing local and international performances, exhibitions, and cultural festivals. Visit: https://www.culturalcenter.gov.ph/
15. Star City An amusement park offering various rides and attractions, including a giant Ferris wheel and a snow-themed park. Visit: https://starcity.com.ph/
Travelling in Manila
The city has an extensive public transportation system that includes the Light Rail Transit (LRT), jeepneys, buses, taxis, and ride-sharing services like Grab.
- LRT: https://www.lrta.gov.ph/
- Buses & Jeepneys: Information available via Google Maps and Moovit App
- Taxis & Grab: Book via the Grab app (https://www.grab.com/ph/)
Bicycling is also a popular way to explore the city, with numerous bike rental services available.
Climate in Manila
|Season||Average Temperature (°C)||Average Temperature (°F)|
|Dry (November to April)||25-34||77-93|
|Wet (May to October)||24-33||75-91|
Manila is known for its tropical climate, characterized by high humidity, abundant rainfall during the wet season, and generally warm temperatures throughout the year. It is advisable to check the weather forecast before planning your trip.